Today, the government seem to be intruding more into our daily lives. At the top of the list of issues seem to be taxes, unemployment, and higher education.
This Sunday at 4pm on 55KRC – THE Talk Station, Antony Davies, Associate Professor of Economics at Duquesne University will discuss the following:
- How higher education is like the housing bubble
- Why loans for higher education have an outstanding balance of a trillion dollars
- Why students are not able to file for bankruptcy, and if that is unethical
- The difference between unemployed and non-employed
- Why the governments numbers on unemployment are not exact
Antony Davies is an Associate Professor of Economics at Duquesne University and holds a joint appointment as Mercatus Affiliated Senior Scholar at George Mason University. His research interests include forecasting, consumer psychology, and public policy, and focus on mathematical modeling and empirical analysis. He is a frequent lecturer at policy conferences at the U.S. House of Representatives and at state capitals. In addition to teaching at the undergraduate, masters, and Ph.D. levels, he was President and co-founder at Paragon Software (now Take-Two Interactive), and co-founder and Chief Analytics Officer at Repliqa (now Zoo Entertainment). Dr. Davies earned his B.S. in Economics from Saint Vincent College, and Ph.D. in Economics from the State University of New York at Albany.